Together we excel
Highfield and Brookham is a very special place to work. Our working environment is stunning, and our Heads lead a dynamic team of talented teachers and dedicated support staff. Above all, everyone working at Highfield and Brookham is friendly, welcoming and committed to providing the very best education for the children at the school.
I have never worked in a school where the children are able to spread their wings, and be offered such incredible experiences by staff who care so deeply for their subjects
Resident Graduate Assistants
Are you an enthusiastic and caring individual, seeking an exciting challenge to work within a dynamic team at one of the UK’s leading boarding Prep Schools? We are seeking outstanding Graduates to join our team of Assistant Teachers from April or September 2022.
Working as part of the Residential Staff, the successful applicants will be engaged in the classroom, on the games field and in the Junior or Senior Boarding House. You will need to be caring, enthusiastic, with a zest for life and a commitment to work as part of a team. In return, we offer a fun and enriching environment in which to work and live.
Working under the leadership of the Head of Boarding, you will be based either in our Junior Boarding House, home to 16 boys and girls aged between 8 and 10 years or in our Senior Boarding House which houses up to 60 boys and 60 girls from 10 to 13 years.
In the Junior Boarding House the children live within a family setting, with the Houseparents and family living downstairs. The children enjoy a home-from-home set up and the Resident Assistants will play a key role in their pastoral care, alongside the Houseparents and non-resident house tutors. In the Senior Boarding House the Residential Assistants will work as part of a team looking after the children and ensuring their time at the school is enjoyable, safe, caring and stimulating. During the school day you will be involved in supporting children in lessons, supporting the Games provision and have the chance to become involved in many different areas of the curriculum.
Single accommodation will be provided within the Senior Boarding House, home to 120 children and a further 10 members of the residential staff. Meals will be taken free of charge during term time.
We are looking for a suitably qualified Teaching Assistant to support the teaching and learning of pupils to commence in April 2022.
The ability to coach Games would be an advantage, but is not essential.
The successful candidate will:-
- Provide encouragement and support to pupils of differing abilities within subject lessons, under the guidance of the classroom teacher.
- Work with children on a one-to-one basis or in small groups, under the guidance of the class teacher.
- Support the pastoral and academic development of pupils at all times and in consultation with teaching staff.
- Take responsibility for displays in conjunction with teaching staff.
- Provide photocopying and resource production support, where necessary.
- Assist with cataloguing, preparing, issuing and maintaining equipment and materials.
- Assist with the inputting of pupil data as directed. Record-keeping (academic and non-academic) and filing as required by the class teacher.
- Undertake any duties in the classroom or playground required of them by the Head and/or class teacher to whom they are responsible.
- Be attached to one of the three Houses and promoting and supporting the House system.
- Play a full role in staff meetings, staff events and other events and occasions as organised by the School from time to time.
- Attend any training offered to develop their knowledge and understanding within term time or during INSET sessions prior to term starting.
- Provide cover for other duties for absent colleagues, where appropriate.
An attractive salary will be determined in accordance with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
A qualified, experienced, self-motivated and well-organised person is required to help maintain and develop the grounds and gardens of Highfield and Brookham Schools, which have an estate of approximately 175 acres. Working as part of a small team of experienced grounds staff, you will maintain and improve the grounds, gardens and sport facilities of the schools including sports pitches, cricket squares, golf course, hard surfaces, woodlands, paths and driveways to the highest possible standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good communication skills
- An ability to communicate with all staff and children on an appropriate level
- Good organisation skills, self-motivation and an ability to meet deadlines
- An ability to work under pressure in a quickly changing environment
- An ability to work well in a team as a good team player
- Good problem-solving skills and an ability to work under one’s own initiative to complete tasks
- Enthusiasm, a willingness to learn new skills and a commitment to continued personal development
- A reasonable level of physical fitness
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- Secondary education (English & Maths essential)
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a sports turf or horticulture related field
- 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role, preferably within a school environment
- Experience in the use of a range of grounds machinery
- Full, clean Driving Licence
Desirable Qualifications & Skills:
- PA1 & PA6 Pesticide Application certification
- PA2 Tractor mounted pesticide application
- Setting out and initial marking of pitches for multiple sports including athletics
- Health & Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Chainsaw Cross Cutting & Maintenance
- Chainsaw – Small tree felling
This is a full-time role working from 7:30am to 4:30pm with an unpaid hour for lunch (40 hours per week) all year round.
Salary: £21,000 – £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience).
Benefits: Contributory company pension scheme, life insurance, free parking and free lunchtime meals during term-time.
Please download an Application Form and send with a Letter of Application to: HR Manager, Highfield School, Highfield Lane, Liphook, Hampshire, GU30 7LQ or send via email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th April, although we reserve the right to interview and appoint before this date.
We are seeking to recruit a School Nurse to provide excellent medical care and treatment to our pupils and to work alongside and support non-medical colleagues in the provision of medical and pastoral care.
Your key objectives will be to effectively deal with medical emergencies and assess and appropriately treat unwell or injured pupils. You will ensure that the Health Centre is suitably equipped, safely maintained, clean and stocked with medication that is within date and appropriately stored and ensure that all boarders have access to any medical services they require.
The Health Centre is open Monday to Friday from 7.45 am to 8.00 pm and all working Saturdays from 8.15 am to 5.30 pm. It comprises an office, a shower/toilet and a three-bedded resting room, all situated within the Senior Boarding House in the main school building.
This is a full-time role (up to 37.5 hours per week including 21 Saturdays per academic year), working with one other RN on mutually agreed shifts, to cover the Health Centre opening hours of 70 hours per week.
Working hours are term time only plus one week during the summer break for administrative duties and an additional 2 administration days before the start of the Autumn Term. INSET days are considered to be term-time.
- RN (child) or RN with current Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Pin Number.
- Up to date nursing validation to meet NMC guidelines on mandatory training.
You should be willing to complete training relevant to the school setting before commencing work as indicated below*
- School nursing or practice nursing experience
- First Aid at Work qualification, 3-day course *
- Safeguarding training Level 3 *
- Experience of or qualification in sports injury care and treatment *
- Full current UK driving license and use of a car
Skills and Attributes
- Possesses an excellent level of clinical judgement.
- Is a mature, confident and independent practitioner.
- Is able to work with and support a non-medical team.
- Must enjoy working with children and adolescents.
- Is interested in the pastoral care and emotional wellbeing of children.
- Understands how to apply The Code to the role of school nurse.
- Is able to recognise professional boundaries and competence. Understands when to ask for help.
- Has the ability to prioritise work and manage situations and deadlines effectively.
- Has a professional, adaptable and proactive attitude. Sense of humour.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality, tact and discretion.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels, combining confidence and assertiveness in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Possesses competent IT skills – Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Is willing to work with electronic health records and documentation via the school database, Schoolbase.
- Has excellent verbal communication skills and telephone manner.
- Has excellent written communication, documentation and literacy skills. Able to draft appropriate letters and emails to parents and colleagues.
- Understands the need for accurate and timely documentation – able to organise information and document assessments.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritise tasks.
Salary: Agenda for Change Band 6 (dependent on experience).
Benefits: Contributory company pension scheme, life insurance, free parking and free lunch and evening meals during term-time.
A letter of application and completed Application Form should be returned to: HR Manager, Highfield School, Highfield Lane, Liphook, Hampshire, GU30 7LQ or send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 8th April 2022, although we reserve the right to appoint before this date.
Would you like to work as part of a team in a friendly, supportive environment with excellent pay and benefits? If so, we may have the ideal role for you!
We are looking for cleaners to join the team who carry out general cleaning duties.
The following roles are available :-
Benefits include company pension scheme, company sick pay scheme and life insurance.
- Morning roles (6.00am to 11.00am or 6.00am to 12.00noon) Monday to Friday with some Saturday work on a rota basis. £12.00 per hour (including holiday pay).
- Evening roles from 4.30pm to 9.00pm, Monday to Friday with some Saturday work on a rota basis. £14.00 per hour (including holiday pay).
Benefits include company pension scheme, company sick pay scheme, life insurance and delicious free meal (supper).
All roles continue throughout the school holidays.
Previous cleaning experience is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidates will be reliable and conscientious, with a good work ethic.
Level 2 Swimming Teacher
We are looking for a friendly, energetic and passionate swim teacher to join our popular, highly regarded Swim School, offering lessons to children aged 4yrs and over in our warm, clean 20m pool. Candidates should be qualified to SEQ Level 2/STA Level 2 and have at least 3 years experience of teaching all abilities, from beginners to advanced swimmers.
The role will involve teaching children both in the water and from poolside and candidates must be familiar with the Swim England Learn to Swim and Ducklings Curriculums.
The hours available are term time only and are shown below, however if candidates can only do some of these hours, we would still like to hear from you. Additional hours are also available in the holidays.
Wednesday 3:45 – 7pm
Thursday 3:45 – 6:15pm
Friday 3:45 – 7pm
Saturday 8am – 12pm
Rate of pay: £19.52 per hour
Girls’ Games Coach
We are seeking to employ a suitably qualified Girls’ Games Coach to offer coaching in Hockey and Netball and the ability to coach Girls’ Cricket and Lacrosse could be an advantage.
The role involves up to 10 hours, five afternoons a week, including Saturdays. The successful candidate will be required to supervise their teams on match afternoons from 2.15 pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays at both home and away fixtures and coach them on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from 3.15 pm to 4.30 pm.
The working hours on Wednesdays and Saturdays will depend on whether fixtures are home or away.
Assistant Houseparent (Girls’ House)
Are you an enthusiastic and caring individual, seeking an exciting leadership opportunity within a dynamic team at one of the UK’s leading boarding Prep Schools?
Highfield School, a forward thinking, imaginative and progressive Preparatory School, seeks an Assistant Girls’ Houseparent to join our Residential Boarding Team from September 2022. Based in the Senior Boarding House, you will work as part of a team looking after the children and ensuring their time at the school is enjoyable, safe, caring and stimulating. Working under the leadership of the Head of Boarding, you will be based in our Senior Boarding House which houses up to 70 boys and 63 girls from age 10 to 13 years.
During the school day you will be involved in supporting children in lessons, supporting the Games provision and have the chance to become involved in many different areas of the curriculum. In the evenings you will provide and run activities in the boarding house and two nights a week you will be responsible for the Girls Boarding House in the absence of the Houseparent on their nights off. You will also take responsibility for the boarding house on alternate weekends.
Key to this role is the ability to establish positive relationships with the children, such that they feel they can come and talk at any time about any aspects of their life which may be causing them concern, and to take a general and real interest in the overall development of those children. You will therefore need to be caring and approachable with a commitment to working as part of a team.
Previous experience of working in a boarding house would be a distinct advantage. In return, we offer a supportive and enriching environment in which to work and live. Single accommodation will be provided within the Senior Boarding House, home to approximately 130 children and a further 10 members of the residential staff. Meals will be taken free of charge during term time.
Part Time Tennis Coach – Level 2 or 3/PTR
The Highfield School of Tennis offers coaching to both pupils and parents of Highfield and Brookham Schools. Our coaching programme offer lessons to over 150 of our school pupils on a group, paired and individual basis, with pupils ranging from 4yrs – 13yrs. Our coaching programme integrates modern techniques, drills and tactics and is designed to challenge, reward and develop each pupil’s game to help them reach their full potential.
We are looking for an enthusiastic coach who is professional, organised and reliable and who relishes bringing the joy of tennis to children. The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of the team and be able to take larger groups of children as well as individual lessons. They must have good communication skills, be motivated, punctual and fun, but authoritative.
The coaching hours are Monday – Wednesday 12:20pm – 1:55pm and the position is available from Tuesday 3rd May.
Rate of pay: £21.50 per hour
We are an IAPS co-educational boarding and day pre-prep and prep school for 480 pupils aged 2-13. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants are expected to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child-protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Employer Online Service regarding prohibition orders issued by the Secretary of State, and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Highfield and Brookham Schools is an equal opportunities employer.